Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Friday, September 15, 2017

Wandering but not lost

On the days when I had a hotel room to return to at will, I stayed out all day. Today I don't have a room anymore, and I find myself feeling the urge to return to base for a few minutes. But the 'base' has vanished as of check-out time. So I've stopped off in this coffee shop for a rest.

I took the trolley (electric bus) to the airport to make sure that would work tonight.


The airport was so close, I walked back! This park is Constitution Square.



My transit options tonight with luggage- flight is at 11:55 pm to Seoul, where I shall explore in a sleep-deprived state.

There is one mosque in Irkutsk. Like the Jewish synagogue, it has historically been restricted, and the building was nationalized during the Soviet era- the polite way to say it was taken, I guess.

  A stand outside the mosque selling prayer rugs, men's hats, and cigarettes, mostly.

Then I ran into the market.
















Back to the streets


No comments:

Post a Comment