Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Saturday, September 2, 2017

. . . and coming back

We stopped at a couple of Tuvan gers on the long drive back, and at the first we were poured koumiss instead of chai. I wanted to try mare's milk, so was glad for the opportunity. That's also where I finally saw the ubiquitous bread being made. I tried yak cream and yak butter as well. All of it was good, but all of it was fairly fresh too. I've read of nomads carrying the koumiss or butter for days in goat skins and it becoming fairly rancid. That might change my opinion!


The mare milking was just finishing up when we visited.



The butter in the chai custom is good, but my favorite was adding cream. Mmmm.

More seen on the way home-
This is the road...

An ancient Turkic burial site






Dried dung is stored on the flat roof for later use in the fire


We were driving through this






1 comment: