Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Ulan Ude on arrival

Yesterday when I arrived in Ulan Ude, despite the map making it look close, I had no idea how to find my hotel, and ended up in a taxi, the driver talking in Russian and me in English. By his good graces, we arrived at the hotel, and in retrospect, I could have walked. At least my hotel is tall enough to be seen from far away, and I used that later in the afternoon as I wandered in the rain.


Parsing the menu in order to get some food

This is what an attorney is here-advokat, or advocate


Even Lenin got wet.

 Caught without an umbrella


It turns out today is Sunday, which should not have caught me by surprise, but did. So the tour offices are closed today, and I'd hoped to set up a visit to an Old Believer Village. Instead I am exploring the city, and hopefully booking train tickets for the last (oh no!) leg of my trip.

1 comment:

  1. But it's only Saturday! Hard to believe you'll be home in a week. I can't wait for the lake photos

    ReplyDelete