Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Friday, September 8, 2017

More of Mongolia

Mongolia has a lot of space and not a lot of people. Nearly every ger I saw had a small solar panel, and many also had a satellite dish. The solar is primarily for cell phone charging because cell phones are ubiquitous in Mongolia just as they are at home. Running water, electricity, and central heat, though, are not really important to a well-lived life here. I saw a basketball hoop, sometimes home-made, beside a lot of gers. In the small towns, there always seemed to be a well-maintained soccer field- although they look smaller than our regulation size field.


Even though they drive on the right side of the road as we do, almost all cars have the driver's seat on the right. I can't tell you how many times I started for the passenger side only to realize I was headed for the driver's seat.






1 comment: