Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Sunday, November 8, 2009

silly things to ponder

Will I ever be clean again?

Will I ever NOT be thirsty again?

Why is it ok to bare one's midriff but not one's shoulders?

Who teaches children to say "one pen" every time they see westerners?

Why do we keep trying to homogenize the world?

Hay un bano por aqui? doesn't really work here.  Trust me on this.

How is it that my clothes are clean after being washed in that nasty dirty lake?

I miss ice cubes most of all.  I thought it would be meat, but I don't really miss it. 

Had a long walk through countless streets today, love the markets where the locals go!  I'd tell you what I bought, but a few of you might then know what you're getting for Christmas.  Off to clean up for a dinner date, for this I even bought a skirt!   

5 comments:

  1. One thing I can tell you for sure is you won't be hot always! It's 37 this morning as I write this, the coldest it's been so far. We've had a mixture of lovely, very little rainy, and typical fall weather. Looks like the week will be party cloudy, some chances of rain, and mid 60's.

    Sounds like you're really getting settled in there, shame it has to come to an end. We look forward to your stories and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuz for some reason, shoulders are considered very erotic...
    KMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have said this before, but I don't remember what does "one pen" mean? How was your date?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that I'm not looking forward to seeing you again, Irene, but can't you stay a little longer? Your blogs are so enchanting! Travel safe...and thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us home-bound wanna be's! Christy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irene,
    So glad you have had such a wonderful adventure in India! I look forward to buying you a very cold drink and more than you can eat in one sitting - we really do take our lifestyles for granted :)

    Wishing you safe travel home and look forward to having you back. Savor every moment you have left before you return to reality!

    Keeping prayers for safe travel coming your way,

    Lori C

    ReplyDelete