Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Friday, November 6, 2009

Bindi in Bundi and moving on

It's afternoon in Bundi, I'm up on the roof top. There's a boy flying a kite on another roof top in the near distance, the tuk-tuk's horns are making music of a sort and up on the hill, on the road out of town, a tractor pulling a LARGE load of loose hay or straw is sharing the road with everyone else.

I'm sipping a Coke,heading down to the festival to see what's happening. As I write, I catch a glimpse of the henna on my right arm and it makes me smile. The process was fascinating, and the situation just so much fun. The woman who runs the hotel with her husband did it, right behind the front desk, while their 2 year old daughter sat up on the desk and bindi'd a couple of tourist guys who were on the other side of the desk. Meanwhile the husband got me my train ticket for the next leg, and answered some other tourists' questions patiently, called and ordered a tuk-tuk and helped keep an eye on his daughter. The family is very nice and interesting to watch how they work. I did not ask, but presumably they had an arranged marriage. They seem to partner very well together.

On to Udaipur on Friday-at least I think that's what day tomorrow is. It's hard to keep track.

No comments:

Post a Comment