Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Monday, November 2, 2009

important things

The place I am staying at tonight in Ajmer is called the Haveli Heritage Inn, or something close to that. The guide book liked it and it was close to both the rail station and the bus stand. The book had mentioned that Gandhi and Nehru had both stayed there. Well, it turns out that the room I am sleeping in was slept in by Gandhi!

I found this out because that room also has (had, I hope!) a mouse, who ran over the top of my foot.

And, the owners have a dog who looks sort of like a german shepherd who also is a mouser.

I only hope my little visitor does not return tonight. I am going imagine it several times in the night, I am sure. I wasn't sure if the owners would see a mouse as any kind of big deal, so I sort of casually walked out into the courtyard area where the wife was watering plants. I was happy to see her respond immediately! So because I was standing out there while the husband and the dog unsuccessfully mouse hunted in my room, I heard the wife and another guest discussing which room Gandhi slept in and it is mine.

I'd say I was glad for the mouse, but that would be a lie. I HATE rodents. I know they exist but I prefer to live in blind ignorance.

By the way, Paula, I haven't found any little Buddhas yet, but I'll keep looking.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Irene! Emily here. Shannon passed the link to your blog to me, and I am enjoying reading it. Such experiences you are having, and I think it is incredible that your room is the same room that Gandhi slept in. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily, I think it's pretty amazing too. I woke up and thought about him being there this morning. Presumably a different bed although the one I slept in was a long way from luxurious.

    ReplyDelete