Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

all's well that ends with me getting my dinner

Or something like that.

I walked in and sat down at an empty table, and waited patiently, as I could see that the sole waitress was busy with a group of students. I got distracted by a cartoon on the TV for a bit, and then an older woman called from across the room "hello". I said hello back, she waved me over, into the kitchen, where she took me to the stove and said, "this is my menu tonight" and proceeded to explain what each thing was, taking the lid off each kettle as she went. I told her what I wanted - plov, and she in turn told the waitress, whom I deduced does not speak English.

Two young women from Japan asked to share my table midway through. I like that custom, and wish it was done in our world.


1 comment:

  1. First time I have heard of such a custom but I love it!

    ReplyDelete