Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Monday, October 13, 2014

a little worse for wear

I am recently returned from the land of internet censorship-one of those places anyway. If I had known before what I know now, I would have been more prepared, but that's the way of all new experiences, I think.

I am posting my notes in chronological order, but I have edited them a little. Looking over the past week, I can see a progression. My first introductions to China were challenging at best. I am reminded of many people in other places who were able to look past American governmental actions and did not judge it's people generally, and me specifically. So as the week went on, while I was hampered by my lack of language skills to a degree I have never been anywhere else, there was a gradual edification process for me. Painful often and a very steep learning curve, but I don't regret the experience.

So if you can mentally wind back the clock a bit, my posts start last week with the train ride from Almaty, Kazakhstan to Urumqi, China.

No comments:

Post a Comment