Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Thursday, August 31, 2017

I'm off with Daulet, my driver/guide this morning to Altay Tavan Bogd National Park, someplace between/near Khoton Nuur (lake) and Khurgan Nuur (so you know where to find the body). I don't think anyone will speak any English- my guide understands some, speaks little, and I don't know about the family we will stay with.

I went shopping for food last evening and came away with very little of interest. But it's only two days, so I'm quite certain not to starve.

Staying with strangers in such close proximity (one big room) is pretty far outside my comfort zone. But go I must. Daulet asked (through the person who helped set this up) if he can bring his wife and children along as far as his home, which is on the way. I said no problem but I need to ride up front (and then I mimicked being sick).

I'm leaving behind my bigger back pack and so that involved a complete repacking this morning. I'm on my way out to get water, which I forgot last night, and maybe some breakfast.

See you in two or three days.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Irene. Enjoyable narrative and photographs. Keep enjoying yourself.. Rett

    ReplyDelete