Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Monday, August 21, 2017

A new jaunt

Off I go ajaunting once again. And yes, I know that's not a real word. But why bother with rules when I am about to embark on an adventure?

The destination is tangentially connected to my previous travels to central Asia, but as usual, the trip has morphed itself into something else altogether. Somehow the destination ends up taking my initial plans and standing them on their head, and the result of all that moving about may or may not be better than the original plan, but it is an organic process that seems necessary.

So I was planning to go to Mongolia, and I am - but first, a side trip via Seattle and Vancouver, and then a few days in Beijing. After Mongolia, there will be several days in Siberia in the environs of Lake Baikal.

If you care to come along for the ride, check back here for regular posts. 

I've made plans to circumvent the censorship of China and signed up for a VPN so that I can access this blog and other sites from Beijing, but we won't know if I've been successful until it's put to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment