Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Sunday, November 2, 2014

the law follows me everywhere

I met someone who has a master's degree in public health and a law degree, who is in South Africa for a conference on public health issues related to HIV. He is originally from Cuba, lives in New York now, and has a particular interest in advocating for undocumented aliens with HIV. We discovered our common interests in the law, solo travel, Cuba and more as darkness fell and our vehicle returned to camp from our game drive.

We never even exchanged names, but this kind of connection with someone else who speaks the language of law was satisfying. However, I have to say it was a shock to hear 'MBE's' -I had temporarily forgotten they exist.

Earlier today I saw this, and thought my fellow law deviants would enjoy it.


1 comment:

  1. Ah, the legalese that goes beyond negligence to plain malice. How is anybody supposed to understand this message!?

    ReplyDelete