Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Saturday, November 15, 2014

the days have shrunk

My shoes were still soaked this morning from last night's downpour, but they dried quickly on my feet. The bus to the airport was only a five minute walk from my hotel, and the airport was only 20 minutes. I guess that's one of the benefits of living in a bounded island world.

I'm in Copenhagen this evening, suddenly thrust into near-winter, the sun set at 4 pm, well before I arrived. I dumped my bags and headed out to see what I could see. I accidentally landed in a central location, just half a block from Kongens Nytorv, which I believe means King's Square.

Those who dislike Christmas will perhaps not like the photo below. But I was surprised at the people out in spite of the dark, and the chill air and gusting wind. And somehow the lights seemed to be more about dispelling the darkness.



No comments:

Post a Comment