Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

the menu

smoked salmon
french green bean salad with yoghurt

choice of stuffed eggplant with minced beef in a tomato sauce with rice
or chicken skewer with arabic spice, sauteed leaf spinach and rice

vanilla pannacotta
fresh, warm bread roll with butter
crackers with soft white cheese

beverage of your choice

*****************************************************

This was what I had for lunch-on the plane!  I had an hour and a quarter flight from Istanbul to Cairo and they fed us very well.  I chose the eggplant and when I looked at it I thought, this is going to be bad.  However, it was delicious.  And before they served us, they handed out a stylish professionally printed brochure with the menu on it.  Then they came by with a snack and a second drink option.

The flight was less than half full and I had a window seat, but unfortunately it was over the wing so I could not see a lot.  Coming in to Cairo I saw a lot of sand though.  It looks like they have to clear the runway of sand like the midwest has to clear the snow in winter.  I imagine it must do bad things to engines and any mechanical works as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment