Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Thursday, August 19, 2010

arabic

I've only learned a few words, all of them thanks to the school teacher I met the first day and Christy.

Shukran means thank you.  (please is way too complicated, you say it differently depending on whether you are addressing a man, woman or group and if you are in a shop, a more formal setting, inviting someone to do something or you mean 'go ahead')

Insh'allah I already knew-God willing

Yallah-let's go.

And because I have always had a fixation with license plates, I've learned the arabic symbols for 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9.  But I can't figure out how to make this computer show the arabic, even though it's right there on the keys.  The rest is beyond me for such a short visit.  Christy, if I can find a simple arabic/english workbook, I'll pick one up for you.

1 comment: