Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Which side of the road?

It appears that my biggest challenges on this trip may be things like how to keep Google and my bank from blocking me. Getting the Tube into central London was simple, and there are street signs.   London has the advantage of a shared language, although it is delightful to hear English spoken here. So when I got lost in the streets that seem to change names every few blocks, all I had to do was ask a random stranger. Clearly they are used to Yankees and others,  because each intersection has a reminder "look right".

My hotel is right next to the British Museum, which gives me a great landmark to find the way home. My room is the size of a large closet, but the price and location are good.  It's not as if I planned to spend much time in the room anyway. I tried hard to stay awake on the second leg of my flight but that was a battle I could not quite win.  Still, I hope my head believes it really is time to go to bed soon. More soon, mostly just wanted to let you know I've landed on my feet.

5 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to hear you have arrived in London safely. Since your adventure started you have been on my mind. I told some friends at work about you and what you are doing. There is only one that seems to understand what "drives" you, but then again, she is very much like you! I admire what you are doing and wish you the most awesome trip ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're safe on your feet. We're following you on google maps so be sure to keep us posted! It's a great geography lesson for Lola. Please add items of interest as you progress. I read all your posts to Lola so she can get a "feel" for your travels. We love you and I miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Irene, so glad you arrived in London and are having a great time already! Keep us posted on the Scottish vote! Can't wait to see the pictures! XO Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel envious, sounds so great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Scots decided 55-45 to remain part of the UK, I saw this morning.

    ReplyDelete