Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Monday, September 29, 2014

St Basil

There's nothing like some food, a bathroom and a little exploration to lighten the load.  I went wandering this afternoon, and got lost, of course.  Getting lost is just fine, unless there is a train to catch.  After a while I found a landmark I could identify, and discovered I had gone in a fairly large circle.
Red Square and St. Basil's Cathedral were beautiful in the late day light, so I hung around to see it after the lights came on.



Crazy how beautiful it was.  I plan to go back during the day to see the insides and the Kremlin.

I also get to try my luck with the Metro again, so that I can pick up train tickets.  I have my Russian alphabet cheat sheet, and will figure it out. Or walk a long way.

1 comment: