Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Thursday, April 28, 2011

home away from home

Almost time to pack up for tomorrow's journey home.  I have had this house completely to myself the entire time.  In fact, I have not seen a single person here since the first day, although I know someone was by today-my bed is made!

It's a little bit spooky being here entirely alone, and yet sort of cozy too.  There's a grand piano in the front room downstairs, a formal dining table set for 4 in the middle room and a fully equiped kitchen in the back.  My room is directly off the back stairs, which are steeper than the side of a volcano, but not as hard to climb.  My bathroom is downstairs by the kitchen, so mid-night sojourns come with a small element of risk if one is not awake enough to descend the mountain carefully.  Alternatively, there are front stairs.

The front porch is the best place to sit, you can watch all the neighborhood from there, and chat with the neighbors.  I still can't get over how nice everyone is.  It comes off as genuine, and yet I would imagine that they get more than their share of ignorant tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment