Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Monday, April 25, 2011

cats and rules to live by

I was considering my personal rules of engagement recently and discovered a few things about myself.  Setting aside the golden rule as perhaps obvious, what else governs your interactions with the world around you?  About now you are wondering what this has to do with a trip to DC.  It has nothing to do with DC and everything to do with traveling.  Travel makes me introspective, perhaps because I'm spending so much time talking to myself.

It's warm and humid here, which is just fine with me.  Every single child in the US is on the lawn in front of the White House.  In case you think you know where your child is, I can tell you, you are wrong.  Thousands of little people all dressed in their spring finery, for the annual egg roll and other festivities.

Since I've been here for all of 5 or 6 hours, I can draw a few conclusions.  The sense of things happening is palpable, and it sort of amps you up a bit.  There are a lot of good looking men here (and children in their Easter clothes, but not necessarily together).

I think if I were like a cat and had nine lives, I'd consider living one of them in the eye of the political storm, either here or another such center.  Not as a politician, but as an insider, a staffer, a maker of things to happen.  But as of now, that would probably be life #9....which makes me consider the other 8.  What would your nine lives be?

1 comment:

  1. If I were a cat, I would spend five of my nine lives sleeping, two of them prowling the night, one of them growling at other cats, and one of them running away from flying shoes.

    ReplyDelete