Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

confessions of the common and uncultured

I am not a museum person.  I confess it, I often do not go to them at all, or if I do, I focus on the things I find interesting and feel completely free to skip all the culturally expanding things that do not draw me.

As many of  you will know, DC is full of museums, all free, and some very good.  So I am going to some...

I went to the American Indian Museum, because
a) I was very hungry after racing to Lynn Woolsey's office for a tour of the Capitol building (a tour group of one, how very nice)
b) It was very close by and I was quite warm
c)  Clay had told me about the wonderful ethnic food cafe they have

All very high brow reasons to visit a museum.

Then I went to the Holocaust Museum.  The shoes, the shoes, the shoes.  That is what slew me.  I'll leave it at that, to say more is cheap and redundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment