Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Said another way

Travel exposes one to different ways of doing things. For instance, the airport at Bocas is different in a couple of ways. I hadn't noticed when I arrived, but they have made good use of the end of the runway once the asphalt ends-it is a baseball diamond. I would really have liked to see how they handle a game and a plane simultaneously but if it happened while I was here, I missed it. Bleachers too, so you can watch either planss or games, or both. The airport is just a few blocks from downtown, so I was able to walk to my hotel, and then walk back to the airport. When I checked in for my flight today, after checking my back pack (small enough not to check on standard flights but these planes for the intra-country hops are tiny), I was asked to step on the bag scale. I had to ask a second time to be sure that was really what he wanted. Sure enough, they weighed everyone with their carry-on. I guess we were close to our weight limit? Confidence inspiring. Since we got to choose our seats when we got on the plane -nevermind that boarding pass with a seat assignment, I queued up early enough to get a window seat. Turns out I got both a window and an aisle seat, because my side of the plane had one seat per row. I like that they don't worry about little things like having your carry-on stowed for take off and landing, and shutting down portable electronic devices. No bother with such silliness! I'm on my way to Panama City's domestic airport, then a short taxi ride and a bus ride to Ivan's B&B, my home for the next two nights. When I emailed Ivan yesterday to see about a room, he responded with a bunch of questions of his own. He wanted to know what I plan to do in the area, how I was arriving and did I want dinner, among other things. I'm used to coming and going fairly anonymously, and I think Ivan's may be a different experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment