Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Saturday, May 4, 2013

change is constant

There is a quietude, a dampening down that comes with travel, especially solo travel. As I contemplate re-entry into everyday life, it is this peace with myself that I regret slipping away. I'm at the Panama City Airport, through all the formalities and now just waiting. There are 3 older women traveling together, headed home from their Panama adventure. Also a newly formed group of people who seem to have their Christian faith in common, I overheard them discovering this commonality as we all stood in line to get checked in. One of them is pioneering in Idaho, whatever that means today. There is a young man who had his wife and 4 year old son with him earlier but they were just seeing him off. He told us that she had lived in the US with him until 2 years ago, and then wanted to come home. So he visits sometimes, and this time he found that his son knows little English, and he no Spanish, and it was clear that his leavetaking was hard. His wife and son had been supposed to come back with him this trip but at the last minute she backed out. Stories everywhere, although I am surprised at the ease with which some share theirs. I was up until after 1 last night, and then up at 6 this morning. I'm hoping that means sleep on the plane will come easily. Layover in Houston, and then SF late this evening. Hasta pronto. Thank you for reading my musings!

1 comment:

  1. The journey home from travel is always bitter sweet, but as you say change is always constant.

    Good to see your Spanish held up quite well - most of the time anyway !!

    Good for you.

    ReplyDelete