Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

carpe diem

So this is how it works-I wandered down the main street after posting those photos and was wondering what to do next. I was considering a boat taxi to another island, and as I walked by the main plaza, a man standing next to a chiva said "Bocas del Drago?" And I said "Cuando va?" About half of the passengers were school children on their way home for their mid-day break. We drove across the island through a jungle interspersed with wooden houses on stilts, beautiful clumps of bamboo, concrete buildings, a little school in the middle of nowhere, and then there was Drago. I never meant to come here, and I didn't have a bathing suit or other things I might have brought had I planned to go to the beach but my underwear worked just fine. And I will probably never pass this way again. So I went. Back for yet another shower and then down to the May Day festival, whatever that involves.

No comments:

Post a Comment