Grand adventure

Grand adventure
the unknown road

Monday, April 29, 2013

Another day, another bus ride

On today’s bus ride, there were not only chickens, but I got to hold one. It happened by degrees. I had a window seat, and eventually a woman with a baby and son who was maybe 7 years old got on. An older man helped them get on and stowed their bags, but told the boy to hold the box He ended up next to me. I saw that the box had several sizeable slits cut in it and when the boy saw me looking he told me it was his gallina-his hen, although clearly it is still quite small. I fabricated for myself a story wherein his grandfather gave it to him to take home, but of course I don’t know really. Eventually the bus filled up and the boy’s mom told him to stand and give up his seat to an adult. By this point the box was residing between us rather than on his lap, so then it fell to me to hold the chicken box.

No comments:

Post a Comment